An ERROR or Non-Supported status indicates the return has missing or additional information preventing a successful upload. This article contains troubleshooting steps to correct these statuses.
Check Print Settings
- Upload the client copy, regardless of the print program.
- Remove any projections for the next tax year included in the return.
- Remove any PDF attachments.
Check the Recommended Print Settings Help Center article for information specific to your tax program.
Ensure The Return is a Supported Return Type
See our current supported returns article to ensure that the return being uploaded is supported by the program.
Editing a PDF can block or alter the key components of the forms our system uses to recognize them:
- Verify the PDF is not locked or masked.
- The PDF cannot be edited after printing.
- Ensure there are no stamps or text boxes covering return information.
Include K-1s with Applicable Returns
1065, 1120S, and certain 1041 returns must include all applicable K-1 packages. If the return has K-1 packages and Users do not want them delivered, upload the return in its entirety and then remove the K-1 pages during Processing.
Ensure the CCH® K-1s are printed in the same PDF as the main return and a cover page is included.
UltraTax CS®, GoSystem® Tax RS, Lacerte® K-1s are printed separately from the return and uploaded alongside the main return.