When uploading an UltraTax CS® return and SafeSend Returns is not recognizing all of the return information correctly, there may be an issue with the print settings. This can also cause an Error or Non-Supported status. You may need to adjust settings and reprint the return from UltraTax CS®.
To Confirm This Issue
- Open the PDF Tax Return in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click File.
- Click Properties.
- Please note the Page Size.
- If the page size is 9.00 x 11.47 in, the return will not be recognized correctly or will be rejected.
- SafeSend Returns recognizes tax forms with a page size of 8.5 x 11.
To Correct This Issue Adjust Print Settings
The reason for the difference in page size is the printer you have selected in the UltraTax CS® software. UltraTax CS® mimics the driver settings of the selected printer without actually using the printer itself. If you have Adobe PDF selected, the PDF will come out with the incorrect dimensions. To resolve, change the printer to the physical printer you have in the office.
- Click Print Return.
- Select a physical office Printer under Print Destinations.
- Click OK.
- Continue printing of file.
- For print settings guidelines, see Recommended Print Settings.
- Open the newly created PDF to ensure that the page size is 8.5 x 11.
- Once confirmed, upload the new PDF into SafeSend Returns.
See the help center article ERROR or Non-Supported Status for additional troubleshooting steps if this did not correct the issue.