When uploading an UltraTax CS® return and SafeSend Returns® is not recognizing all of the return information correctly, you may have an issue with your print settings. This can also cause an Error or Non-Supported status. You may need to adjust settings and reprint the return from UltraTax.
To Confirm This Issue
- Open the PDF Tax Return in Adobe®.
- Click File.
- Click Properties.
- Please note the Page Size.
- If the page size is 9.00 x 11.47 in, the return will not be recognized correctly or will be rejected.
- SafeSend Returns® recognizes tax forms with a page size of 8.5 x 11.
To Correct This Issue Adjust Print Settings
The reason for the difference in page size is the printer you have selected in the UltraTax CS® Software. UltraTax CS® mimics the driver settings of the selected printer without actually using the printer itself. If you have Adobe® PDF selected, the PDF will come out with the incorrect dimensions. To resolve, change the printer to the physical printer you have in the office.
- Click Print Return.
- Select a physical office Printer under Print Destinations.
- Click OK.
- Continue printing of file.
- For print settings guidelines, Click Here.
- Open the newly created PDF to ensure that the page size is 8.5 x 11.
- Once confirmed, upload the new PDF into SafeSend Returns®.
See the help center article ERROR or Non-Supported Status for additional troubleshooting steps if this did not correct the issue.