Occasionally a return can get stuck in an "UPLOADED" or "Preparing for Delivery" status. Usually, it is caused by an interruption during upload. An option to delete those returns will populate within 24-48 hours. The following steps may help you correct the issue.
You can attempt to re-upload the return before the delete option becomes available.
Return Stuck in Uploaded
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection
- Ensure there are no special characters in the file names or Client ID
- Ensure the PDF is not password protected or secured in any other way
- Re-print the return from your tax software; the PDF may be corrupted in some way
Return Stuck In Preparing for Delivery
Follow the steps above. If that does not resolve the issue, the additional steps below may help you correct this.
- If there is a cover page for the return, usually page 1 of the PDF, delete the page and save a copy of the return
- If you have added attachments to the return, attempt to deliver without attachments
- If this is not possible, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you troubleshoot the issue
- If there are nested bookmark attachments within the PDF, these documents should be saved as a separate PDF and deleted from the original PDF
- The original PDF can then be uploaded, and the separately created PDF can be added as an attachment during processing
- In the example below, there is a nested bookmark under the Federal bookmark causing the issue