The steps below outline how the partner or shareholder can access their K-1 package(s).
The taxpayer will receive an email notification if the K-1 recipient declines to consent to receive the document(s) electronically.
- The Recipient will Click on the link in the email to go to the Authentication page.
- Click Request Access Code.
- If a mobile number was entered prior to delivering, Recipient will Request Mobile Access Code.
- Copy the code that is sent to the email or retrieve the code sent via text message.
- Enter the code in the box.
- Click on Continue.
K-1 Consent screen will display after the recipient has entered in access code.
- Click I AGREE to continue and download the documents.
- Click DECLINE to be directed back to the Request Access Code page.
- Click the black download arrows to download the documents.
- Select Company name in the top right corner.
- Select My Account.
- Click Update.
- Verify all information is correct.
- Click Cancel if you wish to back out of the pop-up window.
- The recipient can access the K-1 package and profile section as long as the main return is valid.
- If the main return is deleted or recalled, the K-1 links are invalid.