Each user has default settings unique to their profile separate from the firm's settings. These settings include defaults applied when processing, notifications to be received from the program, and signatures to apply (if any).
- Click the Settings gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click My Settings.
- Select the following default options.
- Click Save & Close to save any changes made.
Default Mailing Return Address
|This is the address your client will see if they choose or are prompted to manually sign their return.|
|Default ERO/Signer||This ERO is automatically applied to the returns uploaded by the logged-in user.|
Default Contact Person
|This is the person that your clients will reach out to for any help needed in SafeSend Returns.|
|Default Sender||This determines if the email notifications from SafeSend Returns show a user's name or the firm's name. All emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Default Notify About Signing Events||This user is notified via email when the e-file forms and other included documents are signed.|
|Default Custom Column Value (column name)||This value will automatically populate in your custom column when the return is delivered. See the Custom Column article for more information.|
|Default Download Option||This selection determines where the files you select for download are downloaded. See the My Downloads article for more information.|
Users may choose to receive the following notifications by checking the box next to each selection.
Upload is ready for Processing
|You will receive an email notification every time a return is uploaded indicating whether the upload was successful or not.|
Approved for Delivery
|You will receive an email notification when a return assigned to you is marked as Approved for Delivery.|
Return Assigned to Me
|You will receive an email notification when a return is assigned to you by another user.|
|When the client adds payment information||
You will receive email notifications when the taxpayer marks a voucher as PAID.
My Signature Stamp
The ERO/Signer can upload a personalized signature stamp and select settings related to stamp usage. These options will only appear for users labeled as Partner under User Management. For more information about signature stamps, see our Signature Stamp Guide.
- Click Upload Signature to open a file browser and select the file you want to use.
- The file size must be no larger than 300 x 100 pixels.
- The file type must be .jpg, .bmp, or .png.
- A white background is recommended. Transparent backgrounds cause display issues.
- Check the box next to Automatically place my signature stamp on e-file forms to enable this feature.
- Click Allow other users to apply my signature to enable this feature.
- Select users from the Available users list and use the right-facing arrow to move them to the Sender delegates list.
- Select Save & Close in the bottom right-hand corner to save any changes made.