Occasionally, a taxpayer may be unable to find an access link or access code email delivered from SafeSend Returns. The following steps may help the taxpayer resolve the issue:
- Check your junk/spam folder; the email may have been routed there.
- Add email@example.com as a trusted sender or contact to prevent the emails from being blocked or marked as spam.
- Use the search feature in your email to look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to search all folders.
- Request that the taxpayer complete the above steps.
- Check the Client Tracking to see if the email was bounced.
- If so, use the Send Reminder button or Resend Access Link button to send a new email to the taxpayer.
- If it is an access code email, the taxpayer will need to click the "Request Access Code" button again.
- If this does not resolve the issue, you can call, chat, or email the Support Desk.
- If you provide the taxpayer's email address, we can check the email history for the last 7 days to determine if the email was dropped, blocked, marked as spam, or successfully delivered.