Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication
- Login to SSR.
- Under Settings, go to Security.
- Toggle the Text Based Authentication button to On.
- When toggled On, when a mobile number is entered in the Client Info tab during processing, the taxpayer's access code will be sent to them via text message.
- If no mobile number is entered, the access code will be sent to the taxpayer's email address.
Using Multi-Factor Authentication
- When the taxpayer accesses the return, they will enter part of their SSN for individual returns, then they will need to request an access code.
- This page will let the taxpayer know the code will be sent to their cell phone.
- Once the taxpayer clicks the "Request Access Code" button, the code will be sent in a text message to the taxpayer's phone.
- The taxpayer will enter the code and select "Continue".
Please Submit a Ticket