The screen-share functionality from within SafeSend Returns® offers an option to work with clients remotely by viewing their screen.
The client must be viewing their tax return in order to start the screen share and they must initiate the process by clicking Share Screen first.
- Click on Contact Person in the top menu.
- Click on Share Screen.
- Enter the code provided by your tax professional.
- Click Share to begin the screen share.
- Navigate to Delivered Returns.
- Locate the client's return.
- Click Actions ellipses.
- Click Screen Share.
- Verify that the client has clicked on Share Screen before clicking this item.
- Choose the return recipient you will be screen sharing with.
- A popup window with a unique session code will populate.
- Provide the code and have the client input.
- Click Share after confirmation that the code has been input.
- Select which screen contents to share with your tax professional:
- Entire Screen
- Chrome Tab
- Select which Screen, Window, or Chrome Tab you wish to share.
- Click Share to begin the screen share with your tax professional.
- A new browser will open for the tax professional with a blank screen, which will fill with the client's screen share once it is connected.
- If the tax professional closes this window it will end the session.
- When the client is finished, they can close the browser window or press the blue Stop Sharing button.
To share your screen again, your tax professional will need to provide you with a new code.