UltraTax CS® has the ability to print two different page sizes. UltraTax CS® mimics the driver settings of the selected printer without actually using the printer itself. For this reason, you must follow the below guidelines.
PDF’s of Tax Returns:
The PDF files printed from the tax software and uploaded to SafeSend Returns must adhere to the following rules:
- Must be the client copy of the return. Do not submit the Accountant or Governmental copy.
- Do not modify the PDF files in any way.
- Do not delete pages or bookmarks.
- Do not add pages or bookmarks.
- Do not password protect the PDF file or add a digital signature that might restrict access to the file.
Print Requirements for UltraTax CS® Entity Returns: 1065, 1120S, 1120 & 1041
NOTE: 1065, 1120S, and certain 1041 returns must include all applicable K-1 packages. They are uploaded alongside the return. If the return has K-1 packets and you do not want them delivered, upload the return in its entirety and then remove the K-1 pages during Processing.
- Check the boxes for which returns to print.
Selected Packages - K-1s for 1065, 1120S, and 1041
- K-1 packages must be printed separately.
- You must select the K-1 packages you want to be printed.
- For 1041 returns, if the return has K-1s, the packages must be printed.
- If the return does not have K-1s to print, you may upload it without.
- You must select a physical office printer. If you do not, your returns may be printed incorrectly and rejected. For further issues, please see UltraTax CS® Returns Recognition Issues.
- Click the Client Copy, Electronic Delivery, and PDF to File checkboxes.
- Click Assemble.