- Taxpayer Preview will open up a new tab that will let you see the return from the taxpayer's perspective.
- Contact Person allows you to decide who appears as the contact person for the taxpayer. You may select any User in the drop-down.
- Message From Preparer
- You can add a message from the preparer that will appear to the taxpayer after they have completed the authentication screen.
- You can select a message from the drop-down.
- You can click 'New' in order to open an HTML editor, allowing you to create a new message to the recipient and add hyperlinks, adjust the font size, the color of text, etc.
- View/Edit: opens an HTML editor allowing you to edit an existing message; add hyperlinks, adjust the font size, the color of text, etc.
- Once your message has been completed, click “Update” and you will be taken back to the Delivery Options tab
- Once a message has been added, the “View” button is removed and an “Edit” button appears
- Deliver First to: Here you can select who the return will be delivered to first either Taxpayer or Spouse. This option only appears for Joint Filed Returns.
- Sender Name: You can select whose name is on the email notifications that the client will receive.
- These notifications include: Initial Notification, Voucher Reminders, and Download E-Signed Form.
- Please note: the email address will always be email@example.com and cannot be changed.
- Notify When Signing is Complete: You can decide who in the firm will receive any signing event notifications.
- These notifications include: Your tax return is signed by all signers, Opted out of signature, e-file authorization forms received.
- Voucher Reminder: You can toggle the voucher reminders on or off before sending the return, depending on preference. You can turn the reminders back on after delivery by visiting the Actions drop-down in Delivered Returns.
- Remind before: provides a list of options for reminder length. Available reminders range from 1 day to 30 days. The default in SafeSend Returns is 7 days.
- E-Sign: Your taxpayer will be able to either e-sign their e-file authorizations or they will be able to opt-out and manually sign and return them to you
- Manual Sign and Return: This option removes the ability for your taxpayer to e-sign their e-file authorizations. Their only option will be to download and return to you (they will still be able to upload directly into SafeSend Returns, allowing you the ability to download)
- Manual Sign and Return
- Mailing Address: You can decide what address and fax number your clients sees, should they decide to manually return their e-file authorizations
- These addresses are added in Settings/Signatures
Finish Return Processing
- When you have finished processing a return and are ready to send it out for either review or to the client, click “Finish” in the lower right corner
- You will be immediately prompted to either:
- Send to another user for review: you will choose among a list of users.
- Send to Partner: this will go directly to the Partner chosen during the submission process.
- If you are the Partner the return is assigned to, you will not see this option
- Approve for Delivery: This will update the status of the return from “Processing” or “In Review” to “Approved for Delivery”
- Deliver to Client: This will trigger the initial notification to your taxpayer or spouse that their return is ready for review and e-signing
- Once this is selected, the return will move out of Assignments and into Delivered Returns